MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model.
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations of over 80 people also support our Group entity Gamax in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
We are seeking persons who are creative and want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Mediolanum International Funds Limited wishes to recruit a person with some experience in financial analysis who can display high levels of skill, energy and enthusiasm so as to gain a rapid understanding of the financial aspects of our businesses.
Mediolanum Irish Operations is an equal opportunity employer - M/F/D/V and is committed to providing a workplace free of any discrimination or harassment.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
Position: Accounts Assistant
Report to: Finance Manager
This role will suit an enthusiastic professional with at least 6 months - 2 years relevant experience within the mutual funds or insurance investment industry interested in developing their career within this industry. The successful candidate will preferably be at the early stages of a professional accounting qualification.
Principal Duties of the position, including but not limited to:
- Treasury postings for insurance company
- Assisting with the posting of expenses, premiums, claims
- SAP postings - Fixed Deposits/T Bills/Monthly fees/Switch Fees
- Calculation of NAV based fees (Mgt/R&C/Inv Mgt/Cash mgt/DIM fees)
- Trailer fee checks
- Update of daily files from administrator
- Dealing with auditor requests
- Various Ad Hoc tasks
Skills / competencies
- Should be comfortable working on MS Excel (incl. pivot tables, lookup formulae, data filters) and have some experience working with SAP.
- Quick Learner and Assertive individual who can act in following instructions and act independently when appropriate.
- Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise, with the ability to work under pressure. The ideal candidate is focused on resolving issues quickly.
- Display Knowledge & Authority in dealings with all parties and maintaining priority of achieving goals.
- Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work.
Qualifications and experience
- An Accounting and Finance degree or related is essential.
- Preferably at the early stages of a professional accounting qualification.
- Some experience in a busy accounting environment in financial services would be an advantage as well as SAP knowledge.
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.