MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model.
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c. €37.5 billion in assets under management. When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
We are currently seeking a person to join our Compliance team focusing on the area Anti Money Laundering. The role involves analysing information, performing checks and identifying process improvement. It represents an excellent opportunity for a detail-focused individual with experience working in a regulated environment. Mediolanum have a strong focus on automation and innovation and strong IT skills are a distinct advantage.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
- Analyse information received from Distributors and Administrators
- Perform monthly and quarterly checks
- Investigate and assess alerts for potential money laundering risks
- Assist to ensure efficient identification and monitoring of suspicious activities and transactions.
- Assist to oversight and test the outsourced AML functions
- Maintain PEP registers updated
- Initiate and oversee tasks within a continuous improvement drive to ensure that Mediolanum Irish Operations is compliant, efficient and quality driven
- Maintain a current understanding of money laundering and terrorist financing issues, including policies, procedures, regulations, industry best practice, criminal typologies and developing trends.
- Assist in identifying systemic procedural weaknesses
- Timely execution of instructions received from the line Manager
- Other Ad hoc duties
Skills / Competencies:
- Quick Learner with strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
- Organised individual who can self-manage multiple priorities, routine work and urgent issues as they arise. The ideal candidate is self-motivated and focused on resolving issues quickly.
- Display Attention to Detail in all aspects of work and relationship.
- Strong analytical skills required to organize and analyse multiple, complex data sets
- General understanding of market place AML issues and AML suspicious activity transaction monitoring systems, data mining/analytical tools, and KYC automated solutions is helpful.
- Excellent verbal, written and numeric skills.
- Strong IT skills with knowledge of data management systems and strong advantage
- Should be comfortable working on MS Excel / MS Word (incl. pivot tables, lookup formulae, data filters)
Qualifications and experience:
- Minimum of one year experience in financial services data analysis. AML Compliance specific experience preferred.
- ACOI or currently working towards ACOI qualification would be looked upon favourably;
- Fluency in Italian is desirable
References on Request
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.