Product Manager Funds & Insurance
MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish Operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual funds, asset management and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c. €37.5 billion in assets under management.
When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Positions: Product Manager Funds & Insurance
Reporting to: Senior Product Manager & Marketing Manager
The Product Management Team is a part of the wider Product & Marketing Function for Mediolanum Group investment businesses based in Dublin. These consist of Mediolanum International Funds Limited (‘MIFL’), a Manager and Promoter of Cross Border UCITS & Non UCITS investment funds totalling approx. €35 billion in Assets under Management and Mediolanum International life dac (‘MIL’) a Cross Border Life undertaking with approximately €1.7 billion in reserves.
This role will suit an enthusiastic professional with at least five years relevant experience within the mutual funds or insurance investment industry interested in developing their career within Product Management and Development in a cross border environment. The successful candidate will be expected to have excellent organisation and communication skills (both verbal and written) and be comfortable dealing with both internal and external stakeholders as well as outsourcers in dispersed geographic locations.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
- Manage and motivate an existing team to ensure the professional and timely delivery of department objectives. These will include
- Managing the Governance and Oversight structures for Product control including the Product Committees for both mutual fund (primarily Ucits) and insurance products (unit linked and structured products) as well as co-ordinating reporting to and approvals from Board level.
- Co-ordinating cross functional project management to deliver important product related initiatives such as new fund launches and restructurings, delegate manager on/off boarding, process re-engineering and automation.
- Managing in close co-operation with our outsourced legal advisors & internal stakeholders the drafting and delivery of regulatory and client product documentation for both funds and insurance products. Following regulatory approval to undertake responsibility for local management and oversight of distributor documentation management, including version control and distribution.
- Working with other established team members to re-engineer and automate core processes leveraging new and existing technologies to benefit service delivery across the department particularly the implementation of a redesigned MedinSynC (MIFL Product Development Process) and Product Review process on Salesforce
- Be a key support in delivering against the Product Development remit of the department including
- Researching and supporting new product launches and existing product enhancements based on market intelligence and structured product reviews
- Managing MIFL’s internal Product Development process MedInSynC with a view towards leveraging the knowledge and abilities of our external co-creation partner network in new product development
- Leveraging existing sources of market intelligence (3rd party databases on market and competitor flows, Co-creation partners and internal sales analysis) to develop a picture of the competitive landscape and to identify emerging client needs, distribution trends and market opportunities.
- Undertake regular structured reviews of existing product solutions with a view to evolving each (overall proposition, commercial positioning, and embedded services) in line with changing client needs, market trends and opportunities.
- Inputting into the work of the broader department as and when required. The broader department is responsible for
- Production of marketing collateral to support the commercial positioning and distribution of MIFL and MILL investment solutions
- Business Development including the development and delivery of Distributor supports to commercialise MIFL & MILL products
- Co-ordinating an oversight program for our Distribution Network encompassing interactions throughout the entire product life cycle from Product Development through to Documentation Management, Training & Marketing, Sales and Point of Sale
The Ideal Candidate will be;
- Flexible, independent, self-starter with the ability to multi task in the face of competing demands and according to strict time constraints;
- Demonstrate attention to detail, accuracy with strong organisational skills and the ability to perform under pressure and within tight deadlines s
- Have at least five years relevant experience within either the funds or insurance investment industry, not necessarily from an Investment management background but documentation management / product management / development experience a plus;
- Strong academic background in a economics, business or legal related degree combined with a broad overview of the mutual funds or investment insurance industries;
- Excellent knowledge of Regulatory frameworks and processes, legal and financial product documentation as well as broad operational or investment funds experience with a knowledge of investment products, asset classes, drivers of economic and asset class performance ;
- A personable individual, service oriented with excellent communication skills, both oral & written as well as advanced levels of Word, Excel & PowerPoint;
- Fluent English a requirement with fluency in one of the following additional European languages (German, Italian, Spanish or German) a definite advantage
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on the successful candidate’s overall abilities and experience.