MEDIOLANUM BANKING GROUP
The Mediolanum Banking Group is a leading Italian financial conglomerate listed on the Milan stock exchange and a constituent of the FTSEMIB index. It was founded in 1982 with the aim of delivering customized, value adding investment products and services to retail clients by means of an innovative, client centric, service orientated distribution model
Today the two basic components of Mediolanum’s early success, innovation and client service, are firmly embedded in the DNA of the organization and none more so than in Mediolanum’s Irish operations which have developed over time to become the financial research and development centre for the Group, driving product and service innovation across its mutual fund and insurance businesses alike.
Established in Dublin since 1997, Mediolanum has a Fund Management Company, an Asset Management Company and a Life Insurance Company with each focused on the research, development, and discovery of innovative investment products and services, which it then delivers to its European retail client base through UCITS and Non UCITS mutual funds as well as unit linked life insurance products. These products are distributed primarily through the Group’s Banking entities and their Family Banker sales networks. The Irish Operations with almost 100 people also support our Group entity Gamax AG in Luxembourg which is growing its institutional business. Our people are continuously trying to effect change for advantage and we have created unique internal mechanisms to foster and develop IP initiatives in all aspects of our activities.
Our overall business has grown to now having c.€37.55 billion in assets under management.
When recruiting we are seeking persons who are creative and who want to innovate, and who can leverage on the pools of knowledge and skill available to us through many partnerships at a global level.
Mediolanum is looking for Data Analysts to join its expanding analytics team in Dublin. This new position will focus on utilising analytics to provide innovative ways to help Mediolanum leverage data set to help strategic and operational decisions. Working with Mediolanum business teams to understand its goals/strategy and to identify and define requirements for Business Intelligence, Analytics and Data Warehouse Solutions to deliver value add. The candidate will be involved in the full life focusing on inception, requirements, design and testing.
Duties will include, but not limited to the following
- Work with business and technical delivery teams to analyse large scale data sets.
- Gather and document end-user requirements for analytical and ad-hoc reporting solutions (Agile Methodology).
- Create structured and ad-hoc reports using Mediolanums business intelligence tools.
- Define and manage Mediolanum’s master data management policy.
- Work with client business users to implement data governance structures.
- Aid in the development of business processes and policies to support and manage the data reporting environment.
- Work with peers closely on implementing best-practice techniques with respect to presentation of data.
- Provide and manage training and documentation.
- Excellent eye for details, can identify trends and patterns.
- In this role you’ll be using your technical expertise to extrapolate data by using advanced computerised models.
- Maintains data dictionary by revising and entering definitions.
- Maintains client confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Maintains technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing publications; establishing personal networks; participating in technical societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Determines changes in physical database by studying project requirements; identifying database characteristics, such as location, amount of space, and access method.
- Changes database system by coding database descriptions.
- Protects database by developing access system; specifying user level of access.
- Maintains user reference by writing and rewriting database descriptions.
- Financial Services experience specifically capital markets.
- Knowledge of RDBMS and dimensional data modelling.
- Knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies (Agile methodology experience preferable).
- Knowledge of data, master data and metadata related standards, processes and technologies.
- Experience in identifying and defining requirements and turning into functional requirements that addresses difficult analytical challenges.
- Experience in solving data analytics problems and effectively communicating results and methodologies.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong communication skills and ability to present results to management teams to allow them interrupt the results and make effective decisions.
- Hold a relevant primary degree (2.1 or higher) in mathematics, statistics, engineering, economics or finance, and be working toward or hold a recent Masters in a related discipline.
Remuneration package will be competitive and based on successful candidates overall abilities and experience.